- polski (Polish)
Why is National Program for Buildings Renovation a neccessity?
In July 2017 Institute of Environmental Economics-Efficient Poland Initiative (IEE-EP) sent to the Ministry of Energy as part of the consultation of the project of National Energy Efficiency Action Plan 2017 our concept of National Program for Buildings Modernisation (English version available here).
We have worked on this document that includes recommendations for single-family houses since 2016. It is available in Polish (KPMB). The English summary will be available in August 2017.
In the middle of October 2016 IEE-EP has started its works on the concept of National Program for Buildings Renovation (NPBR). We want to engage in this process as many Partners as possible so that the final document would be as best as possible.
Preparation of a National Program for Buildings Renovatios is neccessary – why?
- many Poles live in single-family buildings
- standard of existing building stock is very low
- the program will improve the situation of people with low income
- program will support the progress in innovations in Poland
- the program will bring income to state budget
- the program will help to improve the air quality in Poland
- owners of single-family buildings will not focus on financial benefits
- program will help with the issue of the so-called energy poverty
- single-family buildings have never received support